Candidate of the Week: BSA – Sacramento
BSA - Sacramento
This Top Candidate has worked with a few of our clients and one thing that comes across each time is how dedicated and detail-oriented they are. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and has great experience analyzing system requirements with a focus on process improvement. On top of all that, highly technical with strong SQL and PL/SQL experience! This is a top candidate that will be snatched up quickly!
- Diversified experience as Business Analyst and Software Engineer in leading technology companies.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile methodologies, Waterfall and scope management.
- Ability to work independently, Proficient in Requirement elicitation, interacting with customers and other stakeholders, gathering requirements through interviews, workshops, and existing system documentation or procedures, defining business processes, identifying and analyzing risks using appropriate templates and analysis tools.
- Expert in usage of IBM Rational and HP Clear Case requirements tool
- Excellent in validation and manual testing, functional, unit testing, system integration testing, UAT.
- Experience in UML, Use case, business flow chart, User documentation and conducting User/ Business training sessions.
- Ability to collaborate with peers in both business and technical areas to deliver optimal business process solutions in line with corporate priorities.
- Extensive experience in working in close collaboration with the customers during and after the release for production support, user training and issue resolution.
- Ability to store, extracts, and manipulate data using various methods including Structured Query Language (SQL) and PL/SQL queries, stored procedure.
Professional Work Experience
Higher Education 03/17 – Present
- Lead the upgrade of Banner ERP software from 8.10 to 9.0 by Identifying differences between the Banner versions, determining customized and baseline components, and testing of the upgrade and new feature development.
- Expertise in writing queries in SQL for generating reports, data analysis and development of database.
- Development and maintenance of Argos Reports, Forms, ensure and maintain data integrity.
- Researched and assisted with identification and resolution of technical/functional system issues, prioritization of functional business operational needs.
- Retrieve and analyze complex data stored in the ERP system using SQL developer and Coordinate all system-related data refreshes.
- Document user requirements and work with IIT to ensure timely implementation or delivery of technical service requests, reports, etc.
- Serving as central receipt and quality control for all technical/system documentation and/or project-related materials, assuring completeness and accuracy.
Corporate Retail 10/16 – 3/17
- Owner of designing requirement management framework using IBM Rational platform.
- Documenting Business requirement documents, Product requirement documents and DR on multiple projects.
- Implementation of sustainable and scalable methods of data gathering, aggregation, analysis and delivery.
- Extensive use of SQL language for data base design and input of requirements and design of SQL relational database system.
- Use of business objects and reports to deliver high quality reports and analysis to business partners.
- Responsible for understanding and capturing business needs and translating them into technical solutions.
- Design of data analysis sheet on Excel for infrastructure upgrade, expertise in usage of v-lookups, excels formulas and macros.
State Department 05/16 – 09/16
Business System Analyst
- Mapping and documenting original requirements to completed requirements on Requirement traceability matrix, enjoyed working on Excel.
- Gathering Business Requirements and Expectations from Customers and defining business processes, identifying risks, performing Gap Analysis, Impact analysis, MOSCOW analysis, SWOT Analysis. Conduct data gathering, research.
- Understanding complex data models and providing analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of complex data in support of cross-functional business operations.
- Analyze system requirements, preparing of specifications, designing, testing, and debugging, documenting and designed business flow process.
- Developing, preparing and analyzing reports with complex analysis and data for management review, and presenting to various levels of management.
- Acting as a business advocate during functional/nonfunctional requirements definition.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in operational performance and notifying management of issues and problems requiring immediate attention.
- Creating both as-is/to-be process maps and documenting the workflow procedures.
Consulting Company 05/14 – 12/15
- Worked on Oracle R12 development project with various Oracle RICE-FW (Report, Interface, Conversion, Extension, Workflow, Forms) components using SQL.
- Developed complex Tables on SQL developer, Crystal reports and forms using tools like report builder, form builder.
- Designing and executing the Script testing, test scripts and test scenarios.
- Assisted in defining the scope and implementing business rules of the project, gathering business/technical requirements and documentation.
- Facilitated daily Scrum meetings with scrum master, product owner and scrum team regarding the project status
- Analyzed the “As is” and “To be” system documents to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system using MS Visio.
- Studied existing business application and processes, current source system, collected end user requirements and suggested the improvised business process.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with management, development team, users and other stakeholders to refine functional requirements.
- Working with sleep number stakeholders for reporting RICE-FW component development and defect status regularly and doing analysis of project progress rate and burn down.
- Defect/Bug tracking was using Atlassian Jira tool.
International Manufacturing 10/13 – 05/14
- Designed an automation platform to maintain a wide set of Customer Attention Commands.
- Used an automation tool to keep the commands database updated every time.
- Developed test scripts using scripting languages like PERL and Python to test the designed module.
- Allowed customers to customize Attention Commands and register it to the customer commands table.
- Enhanced the code base to make the framework dynamic instead of static in nature.
- Modified this C framework, allowing third party customers to register and implement new Attention Command in the customer attention table dynamically while the application layer is running.
Masters of Science, Information Technology
Bachelors of Science, Information Technology