#MathMadness Check-In: March 22
– Jared Endicott, Launch BI Analyst and Business Athlete
Professor Madness here to share an update on the latest #LaunchMadness simulated brackets I created (12 with the ranking model and 12 with the coin flip method). The scores are from the ESPN Bracket Challenge – how did you do?
- Ranking Model average is 366 vs Coin Flip average of 232, so predictive analytics is scoring better than random chance.
- The bracket I chose as my prediction for pools and bragging rights is Ranking Model Simulation 05, and this is scoring pretty good at 460. I am ranking 3.9M with that one, which so far is better than 79.4% of the millions of brackets submitted.
- Bing Predicts’ bracket is currently scoring 440, so I am beating it. Plus they had Villanova to win it all and that’s not happening, so they have less upside left.
- I still have Gonzaga and Kentucky in it for the Final Four, with Villanova and Louisville out, and Gonzaga still has a shot to win it!
Read more about how Launch Business Athlete Jared Endicott used Predictive Analytics & BI to set his #MarchMadness bracket here.
Get a demo on how BI can help you win at business – email email@example.com!