Candidate Of The Week – Sr. Support Engineer
Sr. Technical Support Engineer
We have been working with this candidate and he’s amazing! Great communication skills, great personality, extremely detailed oriented and an absolute pleasure to represent! He was recently part of a large lay-off and looking for a place he can really be a part of.
If you need someone on your team that thinks of the company first, this is your Candidate!
- 12 Years of Java Technical Support Experience
- Can modify and read Java Code, along with write code
- Thread and Heap dump experience using Eclipse and Intelli J
- Integration with Java experience with Web Services
- SQL queries development experience
- Extensive LINUX experience
- AWS Experience
- W2 and Available for any part of the Bay Area
- Expertise in people skills and technical management.
- Strong technical expertise in hardware, software, cloud computing support.
- Extensive experience in distributed computing architecture, SOA.
- Expertise in project management, sales, training and presentation skills.
- Excellent trade-off and decision-making.
- Advanced education in computer science and distributed systems engineering.
- Operating System: Windows NT, .NET, Unix, AIX, Linux
- Environment: Visual Café, JBuilder, WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, Struts, Oracle, SQL RDBMS, OOP, OOD
- Networking (routing, firewalls, VPNs, wireless) Protocols such as TCP/IP, FIX, CMS
Professional Work Experience
Technology Company, Mountain View, CA
1/2017 – 5/2017
Member of Technical Staff
- Provided comprehensive support of digital marketing thru the Captora platform, including Web page editing, Google Adwords, Analytics, SEM/SEO and investigation thru Amazon AWS’ log files
- Integrated Captora’s SaaS marketing platform into customers’ websites. Contributed in shortening customers’ marketing campaign production go-live time from 62 days to 30 days.
Technology Company, Mountain View, CA
5/2010 – 8/2016
Principal Technical Support Engineer
- Provide advanced technical support to customers, frontline technical staff and system engineering teams on a continuous basis. Explain in details on technical findings and concrete next steps for resolution on issues related to deployment or integration of Clearwell eDiscovery product suites (on-Premise, Cloud, Distributed Architecture).
- Work with director of technical support to convert major support features into core product functions.
- Directly implement (in Java, XSL, XML, MySQL, Tomcat) support features into Clearwell product suites.
- Developed EDRM data integration tools for converting external data for import into Clearwell product.
- Develop customized data transforms(Concordance, Summation, Relativity) in transforming large enterprise data for external data integration
- Working with system engineering teams to validating their architected solutions against customers’ environments and requirements.
- Streamline and develop comprehensive solution documents to technical support teams.
- Often times directly investigate the bug in the source code and forward fix to engineering.
- Help product management to thoroughly understand complex technical issues and foresee any possible potential technical pitfalls.
- Self-trained in real-time while on Webex with customer investigating unfamiliar issues.
Software Company, Mountain View, CA
10/2007 – 11/2009
Technical Support Engineer II
- Provided support on multiple J2EE JCA adapters, and integration with enterprise application such as ERPS, CRMs and SCMs.
- Being a technical support account manager (SAM), managed and resolved issues between engineering and customer’s development team to ensure technical action items were resolved in a timely manner.
- Solely supported open source enterprise products Librados and investigated integration issues on Librados JCA connector connecting to SAP gateways, Oracle database.
- Supported Micro Focus enterprise system integration products such as OnWeb, Enterprise Studio and Rumba. Provided Telnet and web services integration to technical services team as well as application developers.
- As senior team member, managed regional technical support activities as well as ensured international integration issue resolution.
- Provided needed technical training to technical team members on Eclipse development IDE, Web services integration, OnWeb W2H integration.
- Backend host systems included systems such as IBM AS/400, MainFrame and UNIX.
Software Company, San Mateo, CA
3/2007 – 9/2007
- Provided functional consultancy on flagship product.
- Provided troubleshooting support on programming and integration of ClaimCenter into other CRMs, ERPS, based on J2EE platform.
- Acted as a liaison between development team and field service integration team to ensure technical action issues were resolved in a fast pace fashion.
Manufacturing Company, Milpitas, CA
11/2005 – 2/2007
Technical Sales Engineer
- Explored potentials and handled sales activities on general accounts.
- Studied, analyzed and developed partnership programs with major accounts, like S&P 500 companies, governments and defense contractors.
- Collected and categorized feedbacks from customers and presented to PM for market trend analysis and possible product development.
OEM Manufacturer, Milpitas, CA
1/2005 – 11/2005
- Successfully drove up revenue on industrial server and embedded products, and realigned company for merging into Advantech, a public company.
- Handled escalated or dead-end technical issues regarding phone servers, video servers, data servers, embedded automation systems, and storage networks.
- Provided technical and procedural guidelines in QA testing, according to ISO 9001 documentation.
- Educated sales organization about products including industrial rack mount server, embedded system, automated system, and panel products. OS includes Windows NT, Windows Server, embedded, Fedora Core, etc; Applications include SQL servers.
- Provided technical and long-term solution on product development for major accounts.
- Provided customer service skills, technical training and resources to technical engineers.
- Identified, specified and prioritized product features and capabilities.
- Analyzed market for industrial products and competitiveness.
- Created collateral and sales tools that helped communicate the appropriate products messaging.
- Lead in positioning and selling products to major accounts.
Consulting Company, Castro Valley CA
12/2002 – 12/2004
Senior Application Developer
- Planed, designed, implemented and tested a web-based content management system in ASP.NET and C# under Microsoft .NET platform. IDE includes Visual Studio, SQL 2000 and Visual SourceSafe (VSS).
- Successfully integrated and deployed Apache Lucene search engine into a website.
- Planed, designed, implemented and tested Java business objects on legacy data translations for data mining.
- Designed database, modeled and architected the multi-tier system object component for data collection, analytical studying with Oracle 8 and WebLogic server.
- Wrote product/feature/infrastructure designs based on functional and system requirements; implemented prototypes; developed code to implement the designs with appropriate unit/system testing, on the J2EE platform.
- Designed and Implemented a web based RMA server, using JDK 1.4, JDBC, Servlet, JSP, HTML, Oracle DB, Swing; Based on the multithreaded N-Tier client/server architecture, this application allowed clients direct access to RMA database for RMA status information.
- Designed and developed a multi-threaded, socket-oriented and encryption-enabled message tunneling proxy that allowed multiple clients simultaneously sending their encrypted messages over the Internet to backend server.
Securities Company, Milpitas, CA
8/2000 – 8/2002
Senior Software Engineer
- Lead in OO design and development of large-scale, distributed, multi-threaded, multi-tiered, scalable, real-time and complex securities trading system, using EJB 2.0, JMS, JSP, HTML, HTTP, HTTPs and Tomcat Servlet on J2EE platform, and on BEA WebLogic server and Oracle DB with IDE tool like WebGain Studio. Duties included user requirements, defining specs, system architecture, databases design, hand-on development, sub-system integration, testing, debugging, etc.
- Designed and developed a multi-threaded real-time Financial Information exchange (FIX) protocol network engine that ensured connection-drop protection and auto-connection to ECNs like ISLD, ARCA and TRIM.
- Lead in design and development of complex and deadlock tolerant databases for the securities trading system, with Oracle 8i on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Maintained responsibilities on all phases of the software engineering process: requirement analysis, component/system design, prototyping, development, testing and deployment.
MS Engineering Client/Server, San Jose State University
BS Computer Science, San Jose State University
Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP)
Are you looking for great Technical Candidates? We specialize in all phases of the SDLC as well as the entire Infrastructure domain. Let us be your resource for Top Talent!
We Are Veteran Powered
Founded by an Army and Air Force Veteran, Launch’s mission driven mentality quickly became a differentiator. We believe employing veterans is smart business and gives companies an advantage in leadership, real-time problem-solving, accountability, drive for results, and can-do, never-quit attitude. Learn more about our Programs for Accelerated Veteran Employment (P.A.V.E.).